Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Griffin's Own Words on a Manned Asteroid Initiative

Leonard David, of LiveScience Blogs, got a direct email from Michael Griffin today regarding the recent conference about replacing the Moon mission with an asteroid mission. Mike's commentary highlight the need for people like actionforspace.com readers to show solidarity and support to the next president and congress in public buy-in for the constellation program's current goals and an accelerated expansion to include manned missions to asteroids.

“As I have often stated, human missions to NEOs have no stronger advocate than I, and I hope that a future Congress will add such authorization to future guidance for NASA, without altering other goals. But in other respects, I believe that the 2005 Authorization Act for NASA remains the finest policy framework for U.S. civil space activities that I have seen in forty years."
Read the whole article here.

No comments: