Friday, February 8, 2008

I Told Hillary to "Send Astronauts to Mars"

Let me preface this post by saying that actionforspace.com does not endorse or deride any candidate for president. Actionforspace.com simply wants to get space on the mind of the candidates.


I was close. Check out the security guard right in front of me.


This is how close we were when I shouted at the top of my voice using a Hillary sign as a megaphone. This is not zoomed in, folks!

Last night, Michael Laine and I went to see Hillary campaign along the Seattle waterfront in a cruise line terminal. I squeezed underneath some bleachers to get to the VIP area and wiggled my way right up next to the disabled people and seniors. Then, when she was in the middle of her speech, I shouted: "Send Astronauts to Mars!" using a Hillary sign as a megaphone. She faltered, and then continued talking about technology and innovation. I expected someone to come and drag me off, but no one did. Ten minutes later, I did it again. At this point I figured I was pushing my luck, so I receded into the crowd to meet up with Michael. All in all, it was a great experience. Michael got her autograph on a notepad that had "Fund Space Exploration" written on it. I went up and got her autograph on the Hillary sign that I had used to shout my message through. I recommend that all actionforspace.com readers do the same at campaign events in their locations.

Some might be offended that I pushed a human mars mission. I figured that shouting- "Send astronauts to Mars!" was more intelligible than- "Give more funding to COTS!" and had broader appeal than- "Make NASA more efficient!" or "Give NASA more money!"


Go Hillary! Ra, Ra, Ra!
(*please don't throw me out, security*)




And then she signed the very instrument that I used to shout with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have gotten in a wheelchair and step up with those disabled vetrans.

Anonymous said...

"Don't tase me Bro!"

Anonymous said...

Ha! Nice...I blame you for her Maine stump speech this weekend that involved lots of science references. I was impressed that she brought up science and technology not once, but twice in the speech. It was a blanket "we need to support our scientists and researchers" statement, but it's a start.